EWU has resumed limited operations and has implemented a variety of safety protocols based on requirements of Governor Jay Inslee. These safety requirements include facial coverings, social distancing, training employees, students, and vendors, and making certain supplies (e.g. masks, tissues, sanitizers, etc.) available to the campus community.
All EWU employees and students are required to review the following guide and take a short training on Canvas:
- Employees & Students: COVID-19 & Return to Campus Training
- Employee Guide for Returning to Work During Covid-19 Pandemic
EWU COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan
Student Accountability and Off-Campus Student Guide
If you would like a poster for your work area to remind people of social distancing requirements and other topics, we have the following posters available:
- Safety Poster for External Doors
- EWU Mask Sign
- Elevator Sign - One Person per Household
- Social Distancing Banner
Health and Safety Measures
Responding to Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
If you are aware of someone on campus who has COVID-19 symptoms, is being tested for COVID-19, or has a confirmed case of COVID-19, please report the information you have using our online form at: ewu.edu/reportcovid. Depending on the circumstances, Human Resources, Risk Management, and/or Health & Wellness Prevention Services will coordinate contact tracing and provide information to EWU employees who have been in close contact with a person on campus who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
EWU's notification protocols for responding to confirmed cases of COVID-19 involving potential exposure to employees is available at EWU COVID-19 Notification Protocols.
- SRHD Testing, Quarantine, and Return to Work Guidance
- Washington State Campus Reopening Guide
- EWU COVID-19 Teleworking Form
- Employee Verification for Paid Leave due to COVID-19/Alternate Work for Those at High Risk
- How to make a cloth mask (CDC Website)
Q & A
Questions or Concerns?
Questions or concerns about EWU's protocols during Phase Two of the Governor's Safe Start plan can be reported online at: https://inside.ewu.edu/rcp/risk-management/covid19_concerns/. You can also contact Trent Lutey, Director of Risk Management, at email@example.com or (509) 359-6618.