EWU is very excited to announce, that in response to Spokane County's clearance to move to Phase 2 of Gov. Jay Inslee’s Safe Start reopening plan, Eastern Washington University is resuming operations as directed by the University President.
Moving to Phase 2 requires compliance with several safety protocols as contained in Gov. Inslee's plan. These safety requirements include training employees and making certain supplies (e.g. masks, tissues, sanitizers, etc.) available to employees.
Phase 2 also requires the following specific documents be made available to the campus community.
All employees working on campus are required to review the following guide and take a short training on Canvas:
- Employee Guide for Returning to Work During Covid-19 Pandemic
- Canvas: Employee Return to Work Training
- Canvas: Student Return to Campus Training
If you would like a poster for your work area to remind people of social distancing requirements and other topics, we have the following posters available:
- Safety Poster for External Doors
- EWU Mask Sign
- Elevator Sign - One Person per Household
- Social Distancing Banner
Health and Safety Measures
Responding to Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
If you are aware of someone on campus who has a confirmed case of COVID-19, please report the information you have using our online form at: https://inside.ewu.edu/rcp/risk-management/covid19_concerns/. Depending on the circumstances, Human Resources, Risk Management, and/or Health & Wellness Prevention Services will coordinate contact tracing and provide information to EWU employees who have been in close contact with a person on campus who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
EWU's plan for responding to confirmed cases of COVID-19 involving potential exposure to employees is available at: Click here
- SRHD Testing, Quarantine, and Return to Work Guidance
- EWU COVID-19 Exposure Control Plan, July 13
- Washington State Campus Reopening Guide
- EWU COVID-19 Teleworking Form
- Employee Verification for Paid Leave due to COVID-19/Alternate Work for Those at High Risk
- Supervisors Phase 2 Return to Work Memorandum
- How to make a cloth mask (CDC Website)
Q & A
Questions or Concerns?
Questions or concerns about EWU's protocols during Phase Two of the Governor's Safe Start plan can be reported online at: https://inside.ewu.edu/rcp/risk-management/covid19_concerns/. You can also contact Trent Lutey, Director of Risk Management, at email@example.com or (509) 359-6618.