Effective: December 25, 2014
Any university employee or student who receives a bomb threat must immediately notify the university police. University employees and students who fail to report bomb threats will be subject to disciplinary action by the university.
Bomb threats against the university will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Violations of this section are subject to appropriate disciplinary or legal action.
(1) Possession, carrying, discharge or other use of any weapon is prohibited on property owned or controlled by Eastern Washington University, except as permitted in subsections (2) through (5) of this section. Examples of weapons under this section include, but are not limited to: Explosives, chemical weapons, shotguns, rifles, pistols, air guns, BB guns, pellet guns, longbows, hunting bows, throwing weapons, stun guns, electroshock weapons, and any item that can be used as an object of intimidation and/or threat, such as replica or look-a-like weapons.
(2) Commissioned law enforcement officers may carry weapons, which have been issued by their respective law enforcement agencies, while on campus or other university controlled property,
including residence halls. Law enforcement officers must notify the university police of their presence on campus upon arrival.
(3) A person may possess a personal protection spray device, as authorized by RCW 9.91.160, while on property owned or controlled by Eastern Washington University.
(4) A person may bring a weapon onto campus for display or demonstration purposes directly related to a class or other educational activity, provided that they obtain prior authorization from the university police department. The university police department shall review any such request and may establish conditions to the authorization.
(5) Weapons that are owned by the institution for use in organized recreational activities or by special groups, such as EWU ROTC or university-sponsored clubs or teams, must be stored in a location approved by the university police department. These weapons must be checked out by the advisor or coach and are to be used only in organized recreational activities or by legitimate members of the club or team in the normal course of the club or team’s related activity.
Notice of trespass.
Restriction of access.
The president of Eastern Washington University shall be authorized to reasonably restrict the access to any portion of real property or any building or facility thereon or attached thereto, owned by the university by designating the person, persons, or class of persons who is privileged to enter on or into or remain on university-owned real property or buildings or facilities thereon or attached thereto. Additionally, the president may prescribe reasonable hours of occupancy and reasonable conduct during occupancy for those persons or class of persons which are privileged to enter on or into or remain in any building or facility owned by Eastern Washington University.