First Year Experience (FYE) courses at EWU are designed for incoming students with less than 45 college credits to familiarize them with the EWU community, resources available to them, and emphasize the development of success skills to assist them in being successful at EWU and beyond.
Benefits of First Year Experience (FYE) at EWU:
- 50 minutes a week in class with your student success advisor
- Opportunity to build a relationship with a faculty member
- Opportunity to meet students pursuing similar interests as you and forming a connection
- Opportunity to connect with EWU resources earlier (i.e. Programs Leading to University Success (PLUS), The Career Center, Disability Student Services, financial aid, student financial services and more)
- Opportunity for class trips through EPIC Adventures
- Opportunity to attend fun events scheduled for FYE students throughout the quarter
- Opportunity to learn success skills to be successful at EWU and beyond (i.e. time management, goal setting, decision making and more)
- Courses count towards the breadth area core requirements (BACRs) at EWU
- Note: each FYE is counted outside of what your intended major requirements are to avoid taking more BACRs than necessary and introduce you to subjects you may not be familiar with.
For more information on Fall 2020 First Year Experience (FYE) course offerings click here:
For more information click here: First Year Experience at EWU