Inaugural Cinco De Mayo Latina/o/x Forum
The Latino Forum’s purpose is to engage Latina/o/x leaders, alumni, and educators in the field regarding
- Best practices of Hispanic/Diverse Serving Institutions (HDSI),
- Exploring effective strategies for the recruitment, retention, and graduation of Latinx and diverse student population,
- Developing stronger nexus and collaboration with the Latinx community and its partners
The forum is scheduled to be a one-day event (8am-5pm) with panels/round tables. Latinx faculty/diverse scholars, community leaders, administrators and professionals from Higher Education, Community Colleges and High Schools in Washington State are encouraged to participate. Forum participants are invited to submit a presentation, panel and/or round table proposals based on research and experiential knowledge on the following topics:
- Diversifying the curriculum with a focus on Chicanx/Latinx student population.
- Best hiring and retention practices of diverse faculty & staff
- Panelist will be addressing the vision of a Hispanic/Diversity Serving Institution including best practices in the areas of recruitment, retention and graduation rates including students services from. Panelist will include scholars, experts, and professionals in the following areas:
- Leaders within higher education
- Community College Professionals (addressing opportunities, challenges and other issues)
- Students (expectations regarding programs, services, curriculum, faculty & staff, etc.
- Community leaders (regarding expectations that are relevant to their community needs)
- High school educators/professionals (serving at institutions that serve as feeder schools for EWU—addressing opportunities, challenges and other issues)