How to Access Student Information in Argos:
Step #1: Get an Argos Account
If you do not yet have one, click here to get one.
Step #2: Determine the Student Data You Need
- Sensitive: birthdates, race, sex, etc.
- Non-Sensitive: names, IDs, majors, grades, courses, etc.
- Pell Grant Recipients
- Social Security Numbers
Step #3: Request ODS Access or Change Your Current Access Authorization
You will need to:
- Download, complete, and sign pages 1-4 on the ODS Access Form.
- Read the Reporting Security Policy and have your supervisor sign on page 1.
- Complete Steps #5 and #6.
Step #4: Explain Your Purpose for Requesting Access to Student Data
In the ODS Access Form if the student data you are requesting is:
- Explain why you need sensitive student information (your business need) in Section 3
- Check both the "Non-sensitive student information" and "Sensitive student information" boxes
- Check the "Non-sensitive student information" box in Section 3A
- Pell Grant Recipients:
- Explain why you need Pell Grant information (your business need) in Section 3
- Check both the "Finaid Common" in Section 3D and the and "Non-sensitive student information" in Section 3E boxes
- Social Security Numbers:
- Explain why you need Social Security Numbers (your business need) in Section 3
- Check both the "Non-sensitive student information" box and the "SSN + All non-sensitive student information above" boxes in Section 3E
- Explain why you need Student Disability information (your business need) in Section 3
- Check both the "Non-sensitive student information" box and the "Medical + Student Disability + All non-sensitive student information above" boxes in Section 3E
Step #5: Final Steps
- Sign your ODS Access Form.
- Make sure everyone required to sign your ODS Access Form, such as your supervisor, has done so.
- Email your completed ODS Access Form the form to the Registrar.
- Are you requesting access to Student Pell Grant information? Remember to email your completed ODS Access Form to both the Registrar and the Director of Financial Aid for approval.
Once You Have Been Granted Access to Argos…
Test Your Access
Once you have your Argos account, Click here to make sure you have access to the information you need.
What version of Argos should I use?
Both versions of Argos are accessible here.
While similar, one version might be better for you than the other.
- Try the Argos Web Viewer if you will access Argos once, or just a few times.
- Click the Argos Web Viewer button.
- Try the Argos Application if you plan on accessing Argos often for different data, multiple times throughout the year, or want to combine, manipulate, or save data
- Click the Argos button to install the application.
Note: Unfortunately the Argos Application is not supported on Mac.