1027 Cedar St., Room ___
Cheney, WA 99004
In the Salish language, words are not capitalized. Therefore, to honor the Salish language, the name of the hall is in lower case.
EWU's newest residence hall, snyamncut (pronounced: sin-yam-en-suit), is the Salish word for place of gathering, with the connotation of it being a special place of emotional attachment-a place of the heart. It was a special meeting place for the Spokane Tribe; an area that was mainly used for rest, relaxation and decision-making.
Salish is a shared language with different dialects used by several northwest tribal people. Interior Salish is the native language of the Spokane Tribe that lived in our area.
- Next to the University Recreation Center
- Home of the Housing and Residence Hall Association offices
- Family-style kitchen and living room on each floor
- Great Room on the first floor with gas fire place
- Game rooms on every resident floor
- Lounges on each floor with natural lighting
- Laundry rooms available on each floor
- Covered front porch patio