Laundry machines in all halls - except Dressler and Brewster - are located on each floor. Dressler and Brewster have one large laundry room on the ground floor. You will be issued a preloaded laundry card when you move into your residence hall.
Laundry Alert System
Laundry Alert is in Dressler and snyamncut.
Enjoy the convenience of checking for available laundry machines from your computer, tablet, or smart phone!
Receive a text or email notification when machines are available or your laundry is done. Just hover over the Let Me Know button and click on the Email/Text link.
You can also report non-working machines via a handy Service Request link.
- Do NOT use 3-in-1 detergents, as it clogs the water outlet strainers.
- Use "HE" (high efficiency) liquid soap. Powdered soap is not recommended.
- 1/4 cup of soap is sufficient for a load of clothes. Excessive soap causes over-sudsing, and can cause the machine to shut down before completion of cycle.
- Avoid overloading the machine. If you have a push clothes down to be below the rim of the tub, you are overloading.
- Remove your laundry promptly after each wash and dry cycle so others can use the machines.
- Double check your pockets. Items like pens and lip balm do not do well in laundry equipment!