Gender-inclusive housing is an option in which two or more students share a room and community bathrooms regardless of their gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. It is a housing option that broadens students’ choices and helps ensure living arrangements that are welcoming and inclusive for all members of our community.
Gender-inclusive housing may be especially appealing to:
- Students in the process of discovering their gender identity
- Students who do not wish to identify themselves by gender
- Members and allies of LGBTQ+ communities
- Students who feel more comfortable with a roommate of a different gender
The intent of the gender-inclusive option is not for couples to live together within the EWU residence halls.
Where will gender-inclusive housing be?
Gender-inclusive housing will be on the 10th floor of Dressler Hall. The floor will have:
- One gender-inclusive, community bathroom
- A mix of single and double rooms
How will gender-inclusive housing be assigned?
Students will assign themselves to the gender-inclusive floor. All rooms will be very clearly labeled.
If self-selection has ended students should contact the Housing office directly to be placed in the gender-inclusive community.
Students will be able to place themselves in a double room with any student, of any gender identity or expression.
For more campus resources regarding gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation visit our Pride Center.