Before you cancel and/or move out make sure you know two things:
- Will you be in violation of the live-on requirement?
- How much is it going to cost you?
If you are a first-year EWU student (Running Start students are considered first-year EWU students) you are required to live on-campus. Do not cancel and/or move out if you have not been granted an exception to the live-on requirement.
Click here for more in depth information.
Financial Consequences of Contract Termination
Cancellation Prior to moving into a residence hall
On or before May 31, 2019 - $0
June 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019 at 11:59pm - $50
July 1, 2019 to August 31, 2019 at 11:59pm - $100
September 1, 2019 and forward - $200
Cancellation after moving into a residence hall
Appeals and Waivers of Financial Consequences
Financial consequences are waived for the following reasons:
- Graduation from EWU at the time of termination;
- Withdrawal from the University due to military service;
- Marriage or registered domestic partnership;
- Student teaching, internship, or study abroad (in EWU sponsored program) out of the Spokane/Cheney area.
If you do not qualify for a waiver, look here for details about our appeals process.