Community Standards are a set of guidelines developed by residents of a floor or wing in conjunction with policies established by the Board of Trustees and by the State of Washington.
The standards work with university policies to help residents create positive living and learning environments. Residents meet with their Community Advisor (CA) to establish these standards at floor meetings.
Additionally, more specific standards will be developed by residents of each room to live together.
Residents are expected to:
- Comply with reasonable requests from hall staff and other university officials
- Monitor and accept responsibility for the behavior of their guests
- Report violations of rules and regulations to appropriate staff
- Respect the rights of others
- Participate actively in self-governance
- Contribute positively to the community
- Actively participate in educational and social programs