Hello Running Start Students:
As many of you have probably heard, EWU is moving to an online-only format for Spring Quarter classes. This means that the courses your students have registered for will be converted to an online format. The only exception to this are select lab science courses. These labs will meet on campus, but will follow CDC and Spokane Regional Health guidelines for personal protection against spreading the COVID-19 virus.
As of this writing, the university’s main operations will remain open for the foreseeable future. This includes:
- Spring Term begins Monday, April 6.
- Campus dining remains available but with limited hours, menus, and locations.
- The main EWU library remains open, but with modified hours.
- The PHASE and Rec Center will be closed for recreational purposes, March 16 – April 27.
- Events will be scheduled on EWU campuses only in accordance with the governor’s directive.
Here is what this means for Running Start:
- The Running Start team and office will remain open and operational unless otherwise directed by university leadership.
- Fall quarter advising and registration for continuing juniors will be held via phone or through virtual meetings.
- Spring quarter classes are still in place unless a student choses to change their schedule.
- PE and PE activity classes – including Fast Fitness – will continue in spring quarter, albeit in a modified format.
- The Book Loan Program will remain operational as normal.
- Events, including information nights, will not be held during spring quarter unless granted special permission by the university leadership.
If you would like more information on EWU’s response to the current COVID-19 situation as it relates to university operations, please feel free to join the online town-hall today from 2pm – 3pm at this link: https://inside.ewu.edu/announcements/ewu-covid-19-town-hall/
As always, please feel free to reach out to the Running Start team or your specific advisor with any questions.
Beginning April 13, all PLUS services will begin and will be moved into an online format. EWU students will work with their tutor and/or academic coach remotely. PLUS will be offering academic coaching through one-to-one appointments using Zoom, and all study groups and small group tutoring will move to a drop-in online format through Zoom. We, unfortunately, are not able to offer traditional PLUS study groups this spring; however, the online drop-in format we will be utilizing will provide assistance in many courses offered this spring.