Hello Running Start Counselors:
As many of you have probably heard, EWU is moving to an online-only format for Spring Quarter classes. This means that the courses your students have registered for will be converted to an online format. The only exception to this are select lab science courses. These labs will meet on campus, but will follow CDC and Spokane Regional Health guidelines for personal protection against spreading the COVID-19 virus.
As of this writing, the university’s main operations will remain open for the foreseeable future. This includes:
- Spring Term begins Monday, April 6.
- Campus dining remains available but with limited hours, menus, and locations.
- The main EWU library remains open, but with modified hours.
- The PHASE and Rec Center will be closed for recreational purposes, March 16 – April 27.
- Events will be scheduled on EWU campuses only in accordance with the governor’s directive.
Here is what this means for Running Start:
- The Running Start team will be working remotely starting Monday, March 23rd as directed by university leadership.
- Fall quarter advising and registration for continuing juniors will be held via phone or through virtual meetings.
- Spring quarter classes are still in place unless a student choses to change their schedule.
- Fast Fitness is moving to an online model. All PHED-125 classes have been cancelled for Spring. There is a one-credit section of PHED 125 if students need a one-credit PE option.
- The Book Loan Program will remain operational as normal.
- Events, including information nights, will not be held during spring quarter unless granted special permission by the university leadership.
- All buildings on the Cheney campus will close to the public until April 6, except for the PUB
If you would like more information on EWU’s response to the current COVID-19 situation as it relates to university operations, please feel free to join the online town-hall today from 2pm – 3pm at this link: https://inside.ewu.edu/announcements/ewu-covid-19-town-hall/
EWU Running Start will also be hosting four virtual information sessions about the program and its offerings to high school students via Zoom. Details for those events are below. A link will be published on the Running Start website
Thursday, March 19 at 10am and 3pm
Tuesday, April 7 at 10am and 5pm
As always, please feel free to reach out to the Running Start team with any questions. Please get in touch with your EWU advisor for school-specific questions.