For a list of current department instructor qualifications, please visit our Instructor Qualifications Page.
New applications for the 2020-2021 school year are accepted beginning January 1, 2020, and are due by May 31.
- Please fill out the corresponding application below.
- The mathematics department is at capacity for 2020-21 for schools outside of Spokane County. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- The biology and chemistry departments are at capacity for 2020-2021 and are not accepting new applications at this time.
Languages: Require ACTFL scores in addition to the other materials. If you have any questions, please contact our office.
*If we already have a partnership with your high school, you do not need to submit a School Interest Form.
- Attend EWU in the High School Orientation (mandatory).
- Attend discipline specific orientations and annual professional development as required by the academic department (mandatory).
- Work with the EWU in the High School office to schedule and assist with any placement testing established by EWU departments.
- Work with an assigned faculty coordinator/mentor to create an appropriate syllabus for the EWU course.
- Ensure that the course taught through the EWU in the High School program meets the content and rigor requirements of the same course taught in an on-campus environment as well as assessment criteria.
- Align syllabus with the EWU department standards. The EWU HS Syllabus Template must be used or your syllabus must contain all the same information.
- Assist students with registration in conjunction with the EWU in the High School office.
- Monitor class rosters and notify the EWU in the High School office of any changes in enrollment immediately.
- Advise students in the high school about course expectations and help students make informed decisions about participation in concurrent enrollment programs.
- Participate in the on-site evaluation process with the faculty coordinator/mentor.
- Work with the faculty coordinator/mentor to provide the required assessment to the university/departments. Completed examples will be required.
- Assess all student work as required to create and enter appropriate university grades into the university system by deadlines.
- Have students complete end-of-term course evaluations.
- Perform all administrative responsibilities in a manner and timeframe consistent with EWU policies and procedures.
Download the Instructor Responsibilities Contract
Placement Requirements for: ENGL 101, 201 and MATH 107, 141, 142, 161