- Download and Print the Application and the Graduation Plan for Your High School: Ensure that your high school counselor signs the application and graduation plan to verify grade level and acknowledge your intent to participate.
- Submit Your Transcript, Application, and Graduation Plan: Mail or bring your application, transcript, and graduation plan to the Running Start office (Eastern Washington University Running Start, 300 Senior Hall, Cheney, WA 99004). If you have not met the 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement, please submit an SAT or PSAT score of 1100 or better, or an ACT score of 24 or better for consideration. Students are encouraged to apply before June for the upcoming year.
- Application Review: The Running Start office will review your application materials and notify you of your admission status by mail.
- Placement Testing: Upon admission, students will receive all relevant information about the English and math placement tests. The placement tests determine appropriate placement in specific EWU courses. Running Start covers these testing fees.
- Advising: The Running Start office will notify students about scheduling their initial advising appointment.
- Student/Parent Orientation: During the last week of August, the Running Start office hosts an orientation session for new Running Start students and their parents. The Running Start office will notify you of your orientation date.
**NOTE** Homeschool students are encouraged to do Running Start at EWU. If you are a homeschool student who wants to enroll in the program, you must be enrolled at a public high school in Washington State to be eligible for Running Start at EWU. All homeschool students must submit their homeschool transcripts AND an SAT/PSAT score of 1100 or better, or an ACT score of 24 or better to be considered for admission.
Before you upload, please ensure that Running Start applications and free and reduced lunch applications are kept separate.