Whether you have always dreamed of visiting another country as part of your university studies or if this is a new idea for you, it is possible to take your education overseas during your academic career at EWU.
You can choose from many different programs, apply for scholarships, apply financial aid to the costs, and transfer your study abroad coursework back to EWU. Rather than take you off course on your university pathway, study abroad experiences can heighten your focus, improve your academic engagement, and help you prepare for professional success.
It can also enrich your life. Study abroad can provide a way to immerse yourself in other cultures and languages, experience and come to understand different perspectives, develop your ability to persevere in circumstances that challenge you, and grow your empathy and cultural humility.
Learn more about study abroad by exploring the links below. Then, visit us at EWU Global in Patterson 345 to discuss your ideas and plans.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Students must be at least 18 years old
- Participants must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Freshmen are only eligible to participate in EWU Faculty-led program options.
- Students must be at least sophomore standing, at time of departure, for individual student options.
- The Discipline record at EWU will be reviewed for all applicants.
- Students must have completed at least one quarter at EWU for application to be approved.
- Running Start students must complete Running Start and confirm plans to continue at EWU as a degree-seeking student before they are eligible to participate in the program
- Transfer students must complete one quarter at EWU before going abroad.
- All participants are bound by the EWU Student Conduct Code (SAC 172-121-040) during entire Education Abroad program as well as abide by all applicable laws of the country in which they will be studying.
Have questions about eligibility? Come see us at EWU Global in Patterson 345 to get your questions answered.