FosteringWA is a program of Eastern Washington University and under the auspices of the Family Resource and Training Center (FRTC) seeks to adapt a successful foster parent peer mentoring program to meet the needs of Eastern Washington’s families, as it has been doing in Idaho since 2007.
FosteringWA engages with children, families, and communities to obtain positive outcomes by:
- Providing support services
- Recruiting and developing resource families/caregivers
- Offering comprehensive training and education
- Supporting permanency planning for children
through innovative programs and relationship building with state welfare agencies and community partners.
To foster* healthy families and healthy communities!
To fulfill our vision we will:
- Encourage partnerships, collaboration, and integration of services to provide a “best-practice” service delivery system for all children and families and the people who support them.
- Provide context related training.
- Provide a context where social work students are prepared to accept leadership positions, implement strengths-focused interventions, and collaborate with agencies and community partners in public welfare practice.
- To bring up; nurture – v.
- To cultivate and encourage – adj.
- Giving or receiving parental care through non related by blood or legal ties
- FOSTER dignity
- RESPECT diversity
- HONOR experience
- SERVE with integrity
- SUPPORT with compassion