The Eastern Washington Area Health Education Center is proud to share information about multiple sclerosis (MS). According to the Centers for Disease Control, 2.3 million people worldwide have MS. Have questions about it? Use the resources below, generously provided by the MS Society, to educate yourself!
MS Society Professional Resource Center hosts:
- Four free webinars that introduce mental health providers to the psychosocial impact of multiple sclerosis
- Professional publication on Multiple Sclerosis: A Model of Psychosocial Support which covers the psychological and social challenges of MS.
- Clinical bulletin on Emotional Disorders in Multiple Sclerosis and another on Cognitive Dysfunction in Multiple Sclerosis
- Variety of papers on how to talk with MS patients about difficult topics related to living with MS
- White paper: “Depression in Multiple Sclerosis: What we know, What we need to learn, What we can to today”
The Mattress Nerd has published a resource on Multiple Sclerosis and sleep that can be found here: https://www.mattressnerd.com/multiple-sclerosis-and-sleep/