The Eastern Washington Area Health Education Center hosted a Continuing Education session titled “Infection Prevention: Best Practices for Medical Assistants” on Wednesday, October 11, 2017. Watch it online!
This Enduring Material activity, Infection Prevention Series, has been reviewed and is acceptable for credit by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Term of approval begins 12/01/2017. Term of approval is for one year from this date. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To claim your credit, watch the video and notify Krista Loney (email@example.com) to obtain your CME certificate.
Presenters: Kate Hagan, RN, MN and Becky Prince, PAC
1. Understand the history of infection prevention
2. Identify the Healthcare Authorities that set practice standards
3. Identify the practice standards
4. Explain infection prevention and its importance
5. Explain the challenges in infection prevention and best ways to handle the challenges
6. Identify techniques to be an Infection Prevention Problem Solver
7. Identify and explain tools that medical assistants can use to prevent infections