Stage 1: The Idea & Value Proposition Challenge
Tuesday, January 28, 2020 | 2-minute elevator pitches: speed dating format
- An idea and a clear value proposition
- All 50 participants receive a prize!
- Free food and drinks!
- All participants receive a certificate of completion for Stage 1 of the Idea & Value Proposition Challenge!
Top 20 teams will advance to Stage 2, gaining access to 3D printing and other prototyping resources in the Center for Entrepreneurship Maker Space.
Stage 2: The Product/Service Design Challenge
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 | Trade show presentation
- Visual display and poster session presentation
- Knowledge of market
- Basic Feasibility analysis
- Plan for using $2500 to advance this idea
- Mentors available for on-the-fly assistance
- All participants receive a certificate of completion for Stage 2 of The Product/Service Design Challenge
The top 10 teams will advance to Stage 3. Teams may submit proposals for up to $2500 in prototype, product/service development, market research, etc. support. Proposals are due by 7 pm on February 21, 2020. Awards will be distributed to teams by March 10 (before spring break).
Stage 3: The Business Design Challenge
Thursday, April 9, 2020 | Pre-investment pitch- "Shark Tank" style finals
- Mini business plan or full executive summary
- Prototype or well-developed design for business/product/service
- Evidence of customer discovery interviews
- Proof of concept is desirable
- All participants receive a certificate of completion for Stage 3: The Business Design Challenge
- $10,000 of prize money will be awarded
Every team from Stage 3 is eligible. Businesses must be legally formed to enter.
Stage 4: The StartUp Challenge Finals
TBD | $10k Seed Capital Round-Winner Takes All
- Evidence of progress throughout the competition.
- Plan for using the $10k along with evidence this is an efficient and strategic use of funds to get the business going.
- Applications due May 29, 2020, by 7pm. Board selections will be made June 2nd, 2020
- Applicants will ideally gain access to one or more mentors who have developed an interest in the project.
- At least two members of the team will be invited to attend a Spokane Angel Alliance lunch.
- The entire team will be invited to attend the Spokane Triangle Expo at no cost.
- All participants receive a certificate of completion for the Eagles $40,000 Startup Challenge and are recognized on the Center For Entrepreneurship website