Eastern Online courses are offered in two ways which will affect the cost of tuition. Some courses are offered under the normal tuition rates, while others are offered at a per-credit cost that is not part of the 10 – 18 credit full-time tuition rate. Each of these tuition types will be noted in EagleNET in the far right column.
Section 25: These courses are offered under normal tuition rates. Tuition is charged per credit up to 10 credits. Students can take 10 – 18 state-support credits for the 10-credit price. In-state resident and non-resident tuition rates apply.
Section 27/28: Students at the Cheney and Riverpoint campus (must be designated as such in EagleNET) taking a general online course will pay the normal tuition rates, as described above.
Section 75 – 80: Self-support courses have rates that depend on the type of course and student taking the course. Students who are considered online or off-campus students on EagleNET and students taking courses that are part of an online degree or certificate will be charged a per-credit tuition cost. Self-support tuition is not part of the 10 – 18 credit discounted tuition rate. Students in self-support courses are charged the in-state tuition rate.
Tuition & Fees
With one of the lowest costs for tuition in the State, an online degree from EWU is an excellent value. The following list is an overview of the costs of attendance. For additional information, please click the links below or, for a human being, call the number at the top of the page.
- For questions regarding payment and fees, visit the Student Financial Services page.
- All online courses have an online delivery fee ($35 per quarter credit / $52.50 per semester credit).
- Other mandatory University fees may apply.
- Courses in fully-online programs, majors, or certificates are self support and have separate per-credit rates. Please review the Online Tuition table on the Special Program Tuition Rates page.
- Tuition payment is due by the sixth day of the term (fall/winter/spring) and fifth day (summer) to avoid a late fee.
- Some courses require proctored exams. Your instructor will note this in your course on Canvas. There is a $30 proctoring fee for exams taken at the Cheney testing center or the Spokane campus location. Outside proctors determine their own proctoring fees.
- The cost of textbooks and supplemental instructional materials are not included in the course tuition.
- Financial aid may be available to students who qualify. Please direct your inquiries to the Financial Aid Office.
Refunds and Withdrawals for Online Courses
Please see the EWU Refund Policy page for more information on tuition refunds. All debts owed to EWU must be paid before any refund will be issued. All Federal Title IV financial aid recipients will be refunded at the rates established by the federal government.