What is Policy Council?
The EWU Early Head Start Policy Council is made up of elected Parent and Community Representatives.
The Policy Council works with EHS Management to help run and continue making improvements to the EHS program.
Policy Council is a great way for parents and community members to get involved and make a difference in Early Head Start, and for children and families in the Tri-County area.
Policy Council Members:
- Are elected each spring
- Meet once a month
- Keep the EHS program informed on what parents of infants and toddlers really want and need from EHS
- Are on hiring teams that help interview potential home visitors, and other EHS staff
- Must approve all EHS hires
- Share ideas about what EHS does well and how it can be better
- Help oversee the EHS Budget