Early Head Start is a FREE, in-home program designed to help families give their young child a bright start in life.
Who is Early Head Start for?
Families with children from birth to age 3 that live in Ferry, Stevens, and Pend Oreille counties
Families who are pregnant (at any time during their pregnancy)
What can partnering with Early Head Start do for me and my child?
With Early Head Start, your family will receive support and information on:
- Your child’s development
- Health and nutrition
- Available community resources
You will receive:
- A weekly home visit with an EWU EHS home visitor
- Fun learning activities personalized for your child’s age and interests
- Regular playgroups for you and your child at our centers
The service area of EWU Early Head Start includes over 6,000 square miles in Ferry, Stevens, and Pend Oreille counties in the northeastern corner of Washington state.
All Tri-County families are encouraged to apply.
- Children in foster care
- Children who are homeless
- Children with disabilities