Women in the Lead-Apply Today!
The Office for Diversity and Inclusion is pleased to announce the launch of a new program at Eastern Washington University, Women in the Lead.
In this program faculty, staff, and students will:
- Develop the values and competencies of an effective leader
- Gain tools to overcome traditional gender stereotypes and roadblocks to leadership roles in higher education.
- Expand their networks and enhance their leadership skills by seeking out a mentoring relationship with women who currently lead in their fields or organizations, as well as build relationships with other high potential future leaders.
This program is open to anyone who wants to apply!
- Thirty (30) high potential people will be selected for the inaugural Women in the Lead program.
- This program will run for six (6) months during the academic year November through May in a cohort model that will develop relationships among program participants.
- This program will be open to the following:
- Faculty, Administrators and Staff currently employed full-time
- Graduate students enrolled full-time
- Undergraduate Students in junior or senior status, currently enrolled full-time
- Upon acceptance into the program, there will be a small one-time fee for participation ($50). This will cover administrative costs, as well as ensure the commitment of participants.
- There will be a competitive application process, as well as a requirement for a letter of recommendation to participate in this program.
- Program participants will learn the particular challenges women face in leadership roles, and work through strategies for overcoming them.
- Program participants will have required monthly readings, assignments, and/or activities to develop their leadership skills.
- Each participant will be expected to purchase their own monthly curriculum, which will include a book or other reading materials. In a dedicated effort to make this program accessible, the Women in the Lead staff will work hard to assign curriculum materials that are as inexpensive as possible that address the hot topics for women in today’s professional world.
- Program participants will participate in monthly meetings where they will network with other program participants, as well as current female leaders and mentors. The monthly events may include guest speakers, workshops, and/or activities to expand their leadership skills.
- The meetings will take place on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (excluding December) on the following dates:
November 12, 2019, 5:15pm
January 14, 2020, 5:15pm
February 11, 2020, 5:15pm
March 10, 2020, 5:15pm
April 14, 2020, 5:15pm
May 12, 2020, 5:15pm
- Meeting locations are to be determined, but are expected to be on the Cheney campus.
- This program is provided for personal professional development and is not considered part of a person’s job assignment. Participation is voluntary and not required or sponsored by the University so attendance will not be considered work time. As this is not a work sponsored training, the University cannot pay any fees or expenses associated with the program.
Please Note: The application for this program has been revised, and you should use the attached application with revision date at the bottom of 10/10/2019. The attached application should be filled out completely for full consideration. Applications should be sent to Kim Davis, Senior Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Showalter 218, Cheney, WA 99004, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Thursday, October 31, 2019. Applications will not be accepted after that date.
For questions or accommodations, please contact Kim Davis at (509) 359-6874 or email@example.com.