Program Inventory Management
All programs are proposed, edited or deactivated through Program Inventory Management. You can login with your EWU SSO.
Reasons to edit
You must edit a program if there will be a change in:
- Program total credits
- List of required/elective courses
- Degree awarded
- Program course grade or GPA requirements
- Program student learning outcomes
You may also deactivate a program to remove it from the Catalog.
Editing a program
Before you edit a program, familiarize yourself with the information expected for the fields you intend to edit and prepare any additional materials that might be needed.
After you log in to PIM, you will be directed to the PIM home. Here you can edit an existing program or return to a new program proposal that has been saved but not yet submitted.
- Use the search box to search current programs. Note the instructions for using asterisks(*) to expand your search.
- Search* - Finds everything that starts with your search query
- *Search - Finds everything that ends with your search query
- *Search* - Finds everything that contains your search query
- After inputting your query, select Search. Results will appear in the box below.
- Click to select the program you want to edit. Information about the program will appear below.
- Click Edit Program. An Edit Program form will open in a new window.
- Make your edits. See Program Form Fields for details about each field. (Note: the program requirements can ONLY be edited by the catalog editor.)
- You have three options for saving changes:
- Save & Submit - saves your changes and submits the proposal for review, starting the workflow.
- Save Changes - saves your changes without submitting.
- Cancel - discards your changes.
An email is sent to notify each person in the workflow that a task in PIM is waiting his or her review. As only one email is sent, it is the responsibility of the submitter to follow the proposal and make sure each step in the workflow is complete on time.
If modification is needed during the approval process, this can be handled by one of the following methods.
Graduate program modifications
You must respond to CPAC questions for graduate programs within two weeks or else the proposal will rollback to the start of the workflow.
If you want to remove a program from the Catalog, you can deactivate it. Before you deactivate a program, please consult with Mark Ward or Roberta Brooke. Once you have determined it's appropriate to deactivate your program you may proceed.
- Follow steps 1-3 in the instructions above to find your program. After you select a program, a button to deactivate the program appears.
- Select Deactivate Program.
- In the editing page, select a start term and justification for this deactivation.
- Click Save & Submit to save your changes.
Export to PDF
The Export to PDF button downloads a PDF of the program page with a history of changes made within the CIM system since it was implemented in 2014.