In addition to our regular offerings/events (posted in Handshake), you will find a menu of virtual options and ideas below. If you or your team have any ideas, suggestions, or questions, you can always reach our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post a job or internship on Handshake. For several years, we’ve used this platform to share events, internships, and on/off campus jobs with students. They’re quite accustomed to starting their search here, so it’s your best and easiest way of broadly advertising opportunities.
- Host a virtual event. This may seem daunting to anyone new to virtual offerings, but it’s really not that scary. As long as you have a webcam, microphone, and solid internet connection, you can do just about anything. Much like an in-person event, you simply have to set the time and date, provide a good description of what you’re offering, and then provide details for students to join you. In this case, that would be a link to join your virtual event. Not sure how to promote your event? We can help with that!
- Advertise your virtual event in Handshake. By listing your event here, you can share what you’re doing with students across multiple campuses with just one post. This is good for events such as Q&A sessions, info sessions, and employee panels. Let our team know you’re posting an event and we may be able to do some additional advertisement for you!
- Offer professional development. Even if you're not actively recruiting, partnering with the Career Center to offer students professional development opportunities is a great way to keep your organization connected to campus AND it helps prepare students for future opportunities.
- Virtual classroom and club presentations. Many faculty and student clubs have already expressed interest in letting employers virtually visit their classes or club meetings as guest speakers. Of course, opportunities for this type of engagement are limited and we will have to process these requests on a case-by-case basis, but our team is ready to help facilitate those conversations.
Eagle Career Network
The Eagle Career Network is an incredible tool for a la carte, on-demand mentoring and offers a wide array of options to stay virtually engaged with students, alumni, and other industry professionals. Join the Eagle Career Network today and start networking with the broader community or as a member of our growing list of industry/interest specific groups.