- This event has passed.
Spring Career & Internship Virtual Career Fair
April 22 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
EWU and Whitworth University have partnered up to provide you with a Spring Career & Internship Virtual Career Fair!
Thursday, April 22nd 2021
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Virtual on Handshake (video chat format)
Looking for an internship or a job? Take advantage of this virtual opportunity to connect with employers from a variety of industries looking specifically for YOU! By attending this fair, you will have the chance to interact with employers in 10-minute 1:1 or 30-minute group sessions.
Career Fairs are a great way to learn about organizations, discover job and internship opportunities, practice interacting with employers, and build your professional network!
3 Steps to Get Started
1. Register for the career fair on Handshake
2. Sign up for individual and/or group sessions with employers early (check back often because new employers are registering continuously)*
3. Prepare for the fair with the tips below!
*You may need to adjust your Handshake profile! Make sure it’s displaying the correct major and graduation date. It will also prompt you to change your privacy settings when registering for employer sessions. You can change these settings back after the fair if you want to.
*** Navigating Virtual Career Fairs on Handshake ***
Accessing Handshake and Help Resources – Click Here
Handshake’s Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair (Goes over the student process of finding, registering, and participating in a virtual fair on Handshake). Learn More
Video Example of a Virtual Career Fair “Session” with an employer (the student view starts at 5 minutes and 55 seconds if you want to skip ahead) – Click Here
Though this covers individual sessions, the group sessions are very similar to this but include more students.
*** Tips for Success ***
- Career Fair Tips
- Interview Tips | Virtual Interviewing Tips – These are great for virtual career fair interactions too! Learn about connection issues, virtual backgrounds, attire, technology, and more!
- Career Advising Appointments – You can meet with me virtually for any career development topics including preparing for the career fair.
- Resumes – You’ll want to have an updated resume in case there is an opportunity to share it with the employer.
*** Virtual Career Advising Appointments ***
Need an appointment with a Career Advisor?
You can make an appointment on Handshake (See the Handshake info below). After logging in, click on “Career Center” in the top navigation bar, then “appointments”. There is also a Handshake app that you can download if you’d like to use it from your phone. Then follow the prompts to schedule. If you run into any issues please give our front desk a call at 509-359-6365.
People needing accommodation should contact the EWU Career Center at (509) 359-6365 or email@example.com at least 5 business days before the event.