What is TAO?
TAO is an online library of interactive programs. It includes educational modules, assessments, practice tools and logs, and an extensive mindfulness library.
And, you complete TAO at your own pace. TAO is not one size fits all, and we encourage you to venture on different pathways to find what works best for you.
Pathways in TAO include:
- Calming Your Worry — This modules teaches you how to catch negative thoughts and consider them in a more positive light, helping you to act with greater confidence.
- Let Go and Be Well — Besides learning mindfulness techniques that allow you to practice being in the present moment, you will also begin to clarify and understand your own personal values.
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication — This pathway will help you understand how to improve your relationships by building communication skills, learning to recognize unhealthy relationship behaviors, and finding ways to manage anger.
- Leave Your Blues Behind — This pathway will encourage you to find ways to think more positively; in doing so, you'll notice that you don't feel quite as blue anymore. This pathway also includes a section on mindfulness.
- Improving Your Mood — When we feel down, it's easy to begin to withdraw from others, which leads to a cycle of continuing to feel blue. By learning to challenge yourself to engage with your life, even when you don't initially feel like it, you'll actually begin to feel better and think more positively.
- Pain Management — Learn the brain’s role in pain and develop effective pain management skills. These lessons may be particularly useful for athletes, people dealing with chronic pain, or those recovering from a significant injury or surgery.
- Evaluating Alcohol and Drug Use — This pathway is for people seeking more knowledge and information about the role substances play in their lives.
- Recovery Skills and Topics — This pathway is for people aiming to understand and address common issues experienced by those seeking recovery from addictions.
Interested in learning more about TAO?
- TAO Self-Help Explained (video)
- TAO Online Screening (a few questions about common problems and feedback regarding next steps to consider)
Ready to begin utilizing TAO Self-Help?
If so, click on TAO below and use your EWU email address when signing up...
Already enrolled?...then navigate to thepath.taoconnect.org.