Eastern Washington University contracts with Rockwood Clinic to provide student health clinical services to students taking 6 or more credits. This contract covers your students basic health needs, such as: cold, flu, minor x-rays, wellness exams, lab work, and vaccinations. Rockwood is conveniently located across the street from campus. Students need to show their Eagle ID each time they access services.
Please be aware that medical emergencies (such as hospital, emergency rooms, ambulance, or surgical procedures) are NOT covered by the student health fee. If you student is without insurance, we strongly recommend that you obtain coverage with at least a minimum benefit to cover emergency services. Please visit www.wahealthplanfinder.org to see if your student qualifies for an individual plan through the Exchange, if they are not already covered under your private insurance.
Tips for Parents:
- Make sure your son or daughter carries a copy of insurance cards on them.
- Go over your insurance policy with your student so they understand what services are included.
- Go over Rockwood covered services with your student to ensure they know what is covered and not covered. You can see a more complete listing of services here.
- If your student has a medical condition that requires continuous monitoring, contact Rockwood Clinic before their arrival on campus to set up a medical plan for their care.
- Encourage your son or daughter to be a good health consumer by making appointments for non-emergencies and not missing scheduled appointments.
- If your student has a regular prescription, have a plan to get this filled locally. The student health fee does not cover the cost of prescription medications.
- The student health fee does not cover dental, so it may be best to arrange for these appointments while your student is home. There are a several dentist offices in Cheney as well.
- Although Rockwood Clinic does cover most insurance plans, please check with Rockwood to verify your insurance in accepted prior to your student arriving on campus.
- Any questions regarding covered services, eligibility, bills, or any other inquires please contact Rockwood Clinic (509-235-6151) or Health, Wellness and Prevention Services (509-359-4279).