What is TAO?
TAO is an online library of interactive programs to learn life skills and to help you bounce back from disappointments or stumbling blocks in your life. It includes educational modules, assessments, and a mindfulness library.
You can learn personal skills to improve your resilience, and interpersonal skills to aid effective communication with others. And, you complete TAO at your own pace. TAO is not one size fits all, and we encourage you to venture on different pathways to find what works best for you.
Pathways in TAO include:
- Calming Your Worry - In this pathway, you will learn to recognize and understand how your thoughts influence your feelings and behaviors.
- Let Go and Be Well - Improving your ability to accept and adapt to unexpected events in your life can lead to marked improvement in both functioning and mood.
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication - This pathway will help you understand how to improve your relationships by building communication skills, learning to recognize unhealthy relationship behaviors, and finding ways to manage anger.
- Leave Your Blues Behind - This pathway will encourage you to find ways to think more positively; in doing so, you'll notice that you don't feel quite as blue anymore.
- Improving Your Mood - This pathway will teach you that there is some truth behind the phrase, "fake it 'til you make it." By learning to challenge yourself to engage with your life, even when you don't initially feel like it, you'll actually begin to feel better and think more positively.
- Pain Management - Learn the brain's role in pain and develop effective pain management skills.
- Evaluating Alcohol and Drug Use - This pathway is for people seeking more knowledge and information about the role substances play in their lives.
- Recovery Skills and Topics - This pathway is for people aiming to understand and address common issues experienced by those seeking recovery from addictions.
Interested in learning more about TAO?
- TAO Self-Help Explained (video)
- TAO Online Screening (a few questions about common problems and feedback regarding next steps to consider)
Ready to begin utilizing TAO Self-Help?
If so, click on TAO below and use your EWU email address when signing up...
Already enrolled?...navigate to thepath.taoconnect.org.