A New Normal: A Photovoice Project to Understand the Impacts of COVID-19 on the EWU Community
Submissions are closed! Check back for the final project!
Implied Consent for Photovoice Project - PLEASE READ BEFORE PARTICIPATION
*Your participation in this project will be completely anonymous.
The undergraduate Public Health program along with Health, Wellness & Prevention Services are looking to our students, faculty, and staff to help provide insight into this theme.
Photovoice is a participatory research project that allows us to view the world from YOUR perspective. It will also allow us to understand how to better support our EWU community as we continue through this pandemic.
Steps to Participate:
1. Submit personal photos (no online "stock photos" to respond to any or all of the following questions (submit up to 5 photos):
- How has the pandemic positively or negatively impacted your life?
- What strategies are you using to cope with the pandemic?
- Are there any new health behaviors that you are participating in that you didn’t do before the pandemic?
- How has the pandemic impacted your world view?
*You do not need to create an account in Padlet to participate. If you are prompted to create an account, click “continue as guest”. By submitting without an account, your submissions will remain anonymous.
2. To develop your caption, use the SHOWeD method (add caption to "Title" on photo):
- What do you See here?
- What is really Happening?
- How does this relate to Our lives?
- Why does this problem or strength exist?
- What can we Do about it?
3. Verify that photos do not contain any of the following:
- Photos of yourself or others (or includes any identifying information)
- Photos that show harm to yourself or others
- Photos that show illegal activity of any kind
4. All photo and caption submissions on Padlet will be reviewed by the moderator. Photos will be released for viewing after the completion of the project in July.