Distinguished Service Awards are given to individuals in recognition of outstanding service to the University. These awards include a check for $1,000.
Any member of the Eastern Washington University community may make nominations for these awards. Support for nominations must come from a broad cross-section of the university community. Nomination packets may not exceed a total of five (5) pages.
The nomination packet must include the following:
- A letter of nomination from the nominator (required)
- A letter of support from the nominee’s current or previous supervisor (required)
- A letter of support from faculty or staff in the nominee’s department (required)
- A letter of support from faculty or staff outside the nominee’s department (required)
- A letter of support from a student (optional)
- Nomination: Include a complete description of the nominee’s history of service to the university with sufficient detail to identify the specific areas in which the nominee has made a special contribution to the support, maintenance and enhancement of the university’s environment and services.
- Support: Comments from multiple individuals may be copied onto one page.
Submit nominations in electronic format to the University Medals and Awards Committee. The electronic copy should be a single black-and-white PDF file emailed to Leslie Swannack at email@example.com. The Medals and Awards Committee will review all nominations and forward recommendations to the president.
Previous nominations are kept on file and considered for awards for three years. Nominators are encouraged to send a new letter of nomination along with updated supporting information.
The deadline for nominations and supporting information is Friday, October 2, 2020.