Eastern Washington University (EWU) believes that a college education positively changes lives and knows that affordable quality childcare can be a barrier to degree attainment. The Biella Foundation has partnered with EWU to provide $25,000 in childcare grants to support student parents. Grants will be awarded Fall Quarter and Winter/Spring Quarter. Grants will cover up to $2,000 of childcare fees at a licensed childcare facility. Payment will be made directly to the childcare facility.
Grant eligibility and criteria for consideration:
• A financial aid application (FAFSA or WAFSA) must be on file with EWU to be considered.
• Applicants need to be enrolled full-time at EWU (12 undergraduate credits, 8 graduate credits).
• Child[ren] must be enrolled at a licensed childcare facility.
• Applicants must fully complete the application and show clear financial need.
• Preference is given to students in their final stages of study (juniors/seniors).
• Awardees agree to write a thank you note to the Biella Foundation upon receipt of the funds.
Please note: If selected, this scholarship counts as part of your total annual financial aid package. You are encouraged to work with the EWU Financial Aid office to ensure your childcare costs are considered and you receive your maximum financial aid award.
Applications are reviewed in October and February.
To complete an application, please visit Student Accounting Child Care Grant