The Academic Planner is your one stop planning and registration tool. You can Plan out your courses for years, then Schedule your classes once posted, and finally Register with one click all in one place.
Choose the courses from the catalog that you would like to take for each term, from now until graduation. You will work with your advisor to refine the plan via the shared workspace. You’ll check to see if your courses are often offered in the term you chose and that you have prerequisite courses planned first.
Once the term’s schedule of courses is posted, you can create the schedule you want. Determine the time you will take your classes, block out times for work and studying, and get ready to register.
As soon as registration opens for you, open up the Planner, go to the term you are registering for, double-check that your schedule still works, and click “Register”. Done!
The Academic Planner in Navigate Student is the recommended way of planning, scheduling, and registering for classes. You can use the Academic Planner to:
- Design an academic plan for your entire career at EWU, creating a clear path to graduation.
- Select courses and plan your schedule before registration opens.
- Specify times during the day you don’t want to take classes.
- Create your schedule so that you can register for classes with a single click when registration opens.
- Login to Navigate Student.
- Click on the Planner tab.
- Follow the steps outlined in the following videos or the tutorial.
- Or… Follow the instructions below:
To add courses to your schedule:
- Log in to Navigate Student and, in the Planner tab, use the “+Add Term” button in the upper right-hand corner to add terms to your academic plan.
- On the left-hand side of the page is the course selections. If you are undeclared the suggested courses will include General Education Requirements. If you are declared in a major, the suggested courses for your major will be listed in the recommended order. Drag over the courses that you plan to take and add them to terms on the right-hand side.
- When you have finished planning your courses, work with your advisor on any changes or suggestions.
Generating a Schedule
- From the Planner, click the blue “Pick Times” button to open the Scheduler portion of the tool.
- Use the “Edit Preferences” link to input information that will filter the list to help find course sections that work best for you:
- Where would you like to take classes? This will allow you to choose your preferred campus.
- When are you busy? This will help block off times where you have important conflicts, like work or athletics practice.
- Weekly outside commitments. This section won’t filter the courses you see, but it can help you visualize how you will spend your time next term.
- Next, pick your sections. Click on the individual classes under the current term and review the list of available sections. Hover over a section to view it on the schedule or click on it to add that section. Note, there are three tabs of sections: available, conflicting, and full.
- Tip: If there are no sections listed under available, check the “Conflicting” and “Full” tabs.
- If desired, you can use the Quick Schedule link at the bottom of the list of courses to see a “best-fit” schedule option that will suggest course sections for you.
- Be sure to review the “best-fit” suggestion to include the terms you wish to attend and that courses are in appropriate terms.
- Continue selecting sections until you have built out your desired schedule. You can scroll down to see more details about the class, like the location and instructor.
- When you have completed your schedule and registration has opened, the last step to complete the process is to click the “Register” to be redirected to the registration portal.
The shared workspace in the Academic Planner fosters ongoing collaboration between advisor and student and encourages meaningful interactions. Advisors can edit student plans, add comments, flag courses, and send messages explaining the changes. Using Advanced Search, advisors can easily identify students with planning errors, and then contact those students through targeted campaigns.
If the Navigate Planner is not working for you, here is a backup option for registration:
- Log on to InsideEWU and click on Eaglenet under Quick Links on the left-side of the page.
- Under the Student Tab, a. Select Registration, b. Add or Drop Classes
- Select the term. If your registration window is open, you will ask you to REGISTER FOR CLASSES. You can use the Subject/Course Number field to search for courses.
- To select a course to ADD to your schedule, click the ADD button next to the course.
- The course will be added to a PENDING registration worksheet. If the course has times and days, you will see the course added to your WEEKLY CALENDAR. It will also be added as PENDING in the SUMMARY section.
- To Search for additional classes, click SEARCH AGAIN.
- You can use the drop down menus to WAITLIST or REMOVE the course. To REGISTER for courses, you will need to click SUBMIT.
- Once you submit, your SUMMARY panel will be updated with your registered credits and the status of each class.
If the course has open spots and you do not have any registration holds, you will be registered for the course. If the course is full but there are open spots on the waitlist, you will be added to the waitlist. See the Waitlist Information section for more details.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or issues that you have.